Power steering problem!

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have changed the power steering pump and the steering box twice in one year and today power steering out again. any suggestions. My truck is a 03' f-250 6.0, auto, 4x4,lariat,130k miles, 4" lift, 35 bfgs. I've changed the steering box because it had play, took it back for a leak got a new one. and i changed the power steering pump along with it. but it has never been the same anymore it made noise, was hard at wheel when not moving. the brakes where also not the same.For the last week i noticed the power steering making more noise,checked for leaks and none found,fluid o.k , finally gave out today, need to rev engine to turn wheel.:cool:

atk

Reaction score
did you flush out the old fluid really well? it might not be a bad idea to put an in-line filter in one of return lines to catch any metal particles that may be floating around in the fluid.
where are you getting your parts? are they new or remanufactored?

Clyde99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What atk said. It is important that the system gets flushed particularly since these PS pumps fail somewhat regularly.

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for your reply, recently replaced pump, worked well for 15 min. and then started making a noise like had fluid low, but it was o.k(fluid level)
went back to repair shop, they told me my hydro booster was bad, blocking pressure from the rest of power steering system. Now iam looking for one, they are expensive any Idea on where to purshase. thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14