Power Steering

Blackduck1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Found out Friday I had a P/S leak I went home inspected and started the dismantle of the bay to make sure. I found the line from the Hydro Boost to the pump to be the culprit (High Pressure if I'm not mistaken correct me if I'm wrong.) I ordered the line and now my problem is will I be able to change this line without removing the pump. I've tried and I'm looking for more advice on this please.
Thanks in Advance
Blackduck1
P.S.
Ive searched this and the threads did not talk any about this issue.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of pumps available for 2004. One has a pump that has removable hoses. AND one that looks like they are not, but they are. IS the pump bolted to a metal bracket that is bolted to the block? Or is the pump bolted to the block? Let me know which you have and I can email you the Ford Service DVD for it. I will need your email address. PM me by clicking on my USER name and choosing Send Private Message to DaveBen.

Dave :)

Blackduck1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
P/S Pump

Thanks DaveBen! I got it I'll get to it first thing in the AM! I'll keep you posted on my progress shouldn't be too crazy I've had worse!
Thanks again!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I need to now if you have the steering pump bolted to the block -or- on a steel bracket that is attached to the block.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58