New Member Power stroke injector rebuild

jadams244

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all fellow diesel lovers. I'm new here, and am a retired saw filer, having now sold my shop of 33 yrs. to my son. Now I am bored enough to try to do some serious work to my Power stroke. Hope to be able to share, and to pick some brains. So let's get started. I am considering rebuilding my injectors, and need some more info before I get started. I'm down to trying to understand what to look for when inspecting the intensifier piston. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome jadams244! What truck are you referring to? Most of the electronic injectors are too complicated for the average mechanic to rebuild reliably. I won't even try, and I have a complete shop and tools. I am retired and don't need to be buying more tools.

Dave :)

jadams244

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:welcome jadams244! What truck are you referring to? Most of the electronic injectors are too complicated for the average mechanic to rebuild reliably. I won't even try, and I have a complete shop and tools. I am retired and don't need to be buying more tools.

Dave :)

Actually, it is a 2003 e-450 cutaway with a shuttle van body. I'm not interested in hopping up, just needs some injector attention. I've been reading quite a bit about rebuilding, and am getting mixed info. on this project. It seems doable, and there are some you tube videos showing the process, and am pretty sure that I want to chance it, if it doesn't work out, well, I'll have to turn to the pro's, but so far it's a go, with a little more information. Thanks for your reply, and any more info. you can supply me with. jadams

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14