Power window has stopped working?

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today my driver door power window just stopped (Up position). I never noticed any delays in window speed and this is the original motor.
My question does window motor has a separate inline fuse? Where located?

Thanks for any help or suggestion

Ken

amtx915

EP Powder Coating
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine...driver side rear window. It goes down with the driver control switch, but not up. So I have to reach behind to use the other switch.

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. In my case I do not have another switch. This is the drivers window

Thanks
Ken

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
most likely, it's the motor.. possibly an auto-down module or a switch, but frankly, we replace motors 3:1 over anything else on power windows.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I have been dealing with a bad motor on the wifes exploder for 4 or 5 months now. I tried to replace it back in May but couldnt come close to getting it out.

Called #1 son who had recently replaced one on one of his friends cars. I said "son.........how did you get that motor out of your friends exploder". He said "Dad I couldnt get it out so we hit it with a hammer and it started working again."

Well at this point I am cut, bleeding and mad so I thought what do I have to loose................WHAM goes the hammer on the inside of the door that the motor is bolted/rivited to and guess what............it starts working again!!!

Just had to repeat the above proceedure yesterday morning............I am sure that this works only X # of times. lol

Tbar

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
"Dad I couldnt get it out so we hit it with a hammer and it started working again."

Well at this point I am cut, bleeding and mad so I thought what do I have to loose................WHAM goes the hammer on the inside of the door that the motor is bolted/rivited to and guess what............it starts working again!!!

Just had to repeat the above proceedure yesterday morning............I am sure that this works only X # of times. lol

Tbar

ahh....
the old "Ford Diagnostic Aid"....

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wifes exploder the pass side window goes down an inch than stops I still have to take it apart if its that hard I may have to pay someone to do it:eek: . Sorry for the hyjack but the easy thin is cheak the switch with a meter or a test light where the power stops is the problem. Also you are lucky when ive had them go it was allways down and raining:doh:

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its most likely your motor, specially since its your drivers side, one most often used, they arent to bad to change, would def help if you had an air rivet gun, thats how we put all ford windows and motors together, i am not a fan of hand pumping 1/4 inch rivets! lol...another pretty easy way to determine motor or switch is take your door panel off unplug the motor and put some power/ground directly to the motor, see if it works, u cant get any more direct then that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14