Help Needed Power window issue

Firedude

Fire junkie
Reaction score
I had to replace the right rear window motor (c.c.) and after putting in the new motor when you roll the window up and down it acts like the gears are missing, (window kinda jumps) and does not roll up/down smoth, I took it in and out a few times thinking I was just not getting things lined up, greased the gears alittle and the track the arm slides in when moveing up/down and still no fix, I got a small mirrow and flashlight and was able to see up in there and all seems ok from what I could tell, any ideas, thoughts or suggestions, thanks

stay safe out there
Roy:hunter

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I've haven't gotten into window motors much but it seems like the window belt may have some worn teeth as it is plastic(as I recall). I'll see if anyone else has replaced the worn belt in the past.

Good to see you back on the radar Roy,we'll be stopping in LC this Christmas,might have to give you ring to bring the kids by the station;tu

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
IIRC our trucks use basically the same window regulator in the rear doors as they use in the front doors.been a while since i had a rear door apart.was the window motor new or used?the gear inside of it is plastic and may be stripped.they are available aftermarket for about 5 or 10 bux.pop the motor back out and pull the gear out of it and see if its stripped.

Firedude

Fire junkie
Reaction score
Prior to the motor going out the window moved up/down nice and smoth, so feel that the teeth/gears are ok, the replacement motor was a new one so the teeth were ok there, you can see the "regulator" and all the teeth on it, they all looked good. Just seems like maybe something is not "lineing up straight" and thats why it was not running smoth?

CHP good to hear from you, been pretty low here as we have been working on a new home, been traveling alot last few mths. for work and studing for a promotion at work:doh:, not sure how far you are from Houston but may be down that way in Oct. Sure would love to have you and the family stop by in Dec. just let me know when and hope Im on duty when you come thru

stay safe out there
Roy:hunter

Brain's Diesel

Brain's 97 Diesel
Reaction score
Used to do these all the time when I was a A/B guy for a living. Is the replacement motor a new aftermarket or Ford? I've gotten ones from NAPA that were new overseas and they used the wrong grease inside which caked up like an old turd, causing the gears to slip inside. Hate to say it but take it all out again, take it all apart and make sure the right grease is in the motor, then make sure the motor works w/o any load. When you put it back on the regulator engage the gears first then jump the motor to align the rivit holes. I've seen guys bolt them together w/ too long of hardware that binds the regulator and causes the assy to skip like there is a motor problem. Should be using rivits and a "big daddy" rivit gun. If you don't have the right tool, ask an A/B shop if they can pop it togehther for you for a couple of bucks. I used to pop them together for DIY guys for $10.00 (5 min, a couple of rivits and our shop rivit gun use). Let me know if any of this helped or if I'm just telling you what you already tried. Brain

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14