Help Needed Power Windows

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pass. side rear power window only works going down. I have put 3 motors in they go down but not up. I ckecked the plug and have power for up and down at the motor. I put a known working motor and still only have down working. Theres 5 wires going to the door switch two brown, two yellow, one red. I can not find a wiring diagram or any testing info.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Do the motors work for a while then stop or just never work?If they work rhen stop then ma be a shorted wire, or one is kinked bad and nearly broke inside the wire sheeth.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were all working. Just the one stopped two weeks ago going up. The motor pluged in will go down but not up but theres power to both side of the plug at motor. I going to ground the motor and see if it works. I think the ground in the switch may be bad.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
both door switches do the same thing i take it?you could unplug one side from the system and see if any changes the repeat for the other.Im suprised they dont all short with the big opening compared to other trucks when the window is down and the amount of water that floods in.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the switch from the other door and tried it, and got the samething.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Something worn out or binding up, not letting it go back up? :confused:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Man thats just odd.Youd think if it was binding at all youd hear it in the window.Mine makes a weird sound from time to time itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58