Powerslot rotors/help please

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some cryo treated rotors from powerslot for my early 99 f-350. I didn't specify that it was an early 99, I just ordered the 99-04 or whatever it was rotors, and now some people are saying that these won't fit..... they are still brand new in the box, am I screwed here? Is there a specific part number for the early 99 rotors? Thanks in advance....

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Can't you open the box and compare them to your old ones? I seem to recall something about the 99' ones being a little different but I can't seem to find it in a search.

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't you open the box and compare them to your old ones? I seem to recall something about the 99' ones being a little different but I can't seem to find it in a search.

You're right I suppose that would be the smart way to see duh..... I was worried about offset but if they look the same they should be compatible....I swear there was a thread on here about someone ordering rotors for an early 99 and they just would not fit. Okay I'll give it shot, thanks a bunch.:thumbs

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I had a terrible time matching front rotors for my truck. Running the SN#/build date did not arrive at the correct part...........not once...........not twice..........three times at different parts stores.

It wont take you 10 minutes to find out for sure if the ones you have are correct. Pull one side off, lay it on the ground and compare diameter and especially the offset to the new one.

On that offset...........look close..........look REAL close to make sure they are the same.

Tbar

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
powerslot.com said:
1999-3/15/99 ALL SUPERDUTY (NOTE: 3.73" TALL FRONT DISC) 8567 PSL & 8567 PSR 8571 PSL & 8571 PSR (FITS SRW ONLY)

3/15/99-2004 SUPERDUTY W/ SRW (NOTE: 3.92" TALL FRONT DISC) 8586 PSL & 8586 PSR 8571 PSL & 8571 PSR

Looks to me like the early 99' has a 3.73" tall disk and the late 99'-04' has a 3.92" tall disk. I am thinking depending on your manufacture date you may have the wrong ones. Next problem will be that the early ones are listed for single rear wheel only and you list yours as a dually.

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like the early 99' has a 3.73" tall disk and the late 99'-04' has a 3.92" tall disk. I am thinking depending on your manufacture date you may have the wrong ones. Next problem will be that the early ones are listed for single rear wheel only and you list yours as a dually.

I think my manufacture date is 10/18/98 so looks like bad news.....

colotow

Just playin' in the sand
Reaction score
i just ordered the same ones for mine (built 12/98). i happened to mention the exact date, he said there was a difference, and that was it. i also wanted them for the rear, and was told none made for it (yet?)

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just ordered the same ones for mine (built 12/98). i happened to mention the exact date, he said there was a difference, and that was it. i also wanted them for the rear, and was told none made for it (yet?)

Hmmm... sounds like there might be hope for me then.:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg