Powerstroke oil

DIRTDAWG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum as a member but have been reading for a long time. I was wondering what oil you guys use in your 6.0's. I have been using amsoil 15-40 diesel & marine oil.

Glad to be here

Shawn

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Welcome Shawn pull up a chair and have some fun.

I use Rotella T 15w-40. No problems w 34k on the clock.

6L PWR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rotella here as well. Has 10,000 on it at the moment and will switch over to syn at 20,000.

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotella T 15w-40 over 110,000mi no problems.....great stuff. When I was at the great american trucking show I talked to the Rotella rep. who stated that they have new oil coming out thats compatible with the new 2007 emissions and cj4 specs. Going to be more superior than what they have out now and is compatible to use in all older trucks. This new oil creates less soot and ash.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your climate...

A lot depends on your climate. If you live in Barrow Alaska, where it is not unusual to be 60 degrees below zero, then you need a thinner oil, if you live in Death Valley California, where it is not unusual to have it 125+ degrees, then you need a thicker oil. Most of the U.S.A. uses 15-40. I use Dello 400 15-40. I think most all the oil companies have good oil for our diesels, with the synthetic being the best. If you change oil and filter religiously at 5000 mile intervals, you should be good. Someone made a statement about using synthetic to reduce chance of EGR valve gumming up. That could be true. If you live in a very dusty area, I would change oil every 3000 miles.

DIRTDAWG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have any of you tried the other synthetics such as Royal Purple, Redline, or even the Lucas 15/40.

Are there any aftermarket transmission fluids for the torque shift?

Shawn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58