Powerstroke or Triton V-10?

firedude9052000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Which engine will get better fuel mileage? the V-10 or the Powerstroke? This question is obviously aimed at those who have eithe the V-10 or Powerstroke, and which one gets better around town towing and non towing mileage and also on the highway towing and non towing mileage. I am looking to get a new truck but it could depend on which engine gets better mileage overall as to what engine I will get. I know the V-10 is less expensive upfront but how does it do for mileage in comparison to the 'stroke?

RAPOM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My neighbor had a V10 and now has a PSD. He said the performance is similar but the mileage is about double for the PSD empty and with a 25ft travel trailer. Both are nice rigs and he drives easy.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
firedude9052000 said:
Which engine will get better fuel mileage? the V-10 or the Powerstroke? This question is obviously aimed at those who have eithe the V-10 or Powerstroke, and which one gets better around town towing and non towing mileage and also on the highway towing and non towing mileage. I am looking to get a new truck but it could depend on which engine gets better mileage overall as to what engine I will get. I know the V-10 is less expensive upfront but how does it do for mileage in comparison to the 'stroke?
Well, if your not towing the cost of admission is about $5500 less for the 10 with the auto. 10 will do maybe 11, Stroke 15-17. The diesel is more to maintain, and the parts ain't cheap. But it will go 1/4 million miles if your careful. 10 maybe 200k. I owned several v-10's, and they were great trucks. Then when gas hit $2+ a gallon; they were still great trucks, but costly. And, BTW, they will tow. Almost as good as the stroke. Its really your call. I'd go with the diesel if your in it for the long haul. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14