Powerstroke Reliability ?'s

mcd176

Mike Dougherty
Reaction score
Hello,

I originally posted this thread in the general box but I wanted to add to it now that I see a specific place for 99 and up Powerstrokes:

I am new to the diesel truck market, I am looking to purchase an F250 4X4 diesel in the near future, most of the trucks (1999-2002)in my price range ($15000 to $18000)have around 90000 to 190000 miles on them, what is the life expectancy out of the Powerstrokes?, I dont want to buy something and then sink $6000 into a new engine, any help is appreciated.

Some have told me that the trannys can be problamatic but like I stated I am new to the Fords, Please advise me anything you can.

Thanks

Mike

BigRedJeep

Mind if I Smoke
Reaction score
with a 6 speed manual tranny i have only had problems with the clutch. thats because iv got some upgrades to the motor:thumbs , and i drive it like i stole it.:burnit but a new factory stlyle will only cost about 400, and a place close to me sales a 12 button clutch disc for 200. thats what im goin with.

another thing keep a cps with you and a 10mm socket and ratchet just in case it dies on ya.

somebody else can add some more.
i love em and i havent had any trouble with mine.
o yea a buddy of mine has a 02 excurstion and he runes the pee out of in and burns the tires with a jeep on the trailer. so his tranny hasent broke yet but mabe he had a good one

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
mcd176 said:
Hello,

What is the life expectancy out of the Powerstrokes?

I have a '97 with 236K and it's running strong. I expect 400K outta mine!

FORGET DIAMONDS...DIESELS LAST FOREVER :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14