Practical experience with Edge Juice/Attitude

jonwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Been lurking for a while. Just picked up my '03 7.3 with no mods.

After driving for a while it doesn't seem to have the punch I remember the brand new 6.0 having.

I'm looking to do some MINOR mods to it, as my goal with this truck is to have it as a daily driver and RELIABLY pull 10k lbs one or twice a month.

After poking about I understand that guages are a necessity, but I was wondering about how folks feel about the Edge Juice/Attitude combo and it's ability to monitor the necessary particulars of the engine.

I don't want my dash crowded up to look like a jet liner (although I do appreciate that in other guy's trucks!).

I don't want to start going down the road of having to work on the thing all the time as I race motorcycles and I'm pressed on time enough as it is with keeping up the maintenance on them.

I don't need monster HP, but a little kick in the pants would be nice.

My thoughts are an intake, exhaust, and the Edge module and call it a day.

I did a search and didn't turn up too much on that.

Any thoughts are appreciated, guys.

Thanks!

Jonathan

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
jonwright said:

My thoughts are an intake, exhaust, and the Edge module and call it a day.

I did a search and didn't turn up too much on that.

Any thoughts are appreciated, guys.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Thats a good package Jon, the only thing I can add to or say about it is, you might consider tranny mods as well if you are driving an auto.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Thats a good package Jon, the only thing I can add to or say about it is, you might consider tranny mods as well if you are driving an auto.

Gauges before any mods--that way you'll know how hot/high pressure things are getting once you start with the Edge module.

jonwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Attitude is supposed to have guages built in I thought (including EGT). I was wondering if anyone thinks I should not rely on that and install analog guages or if anyone has had trouble with their unit.

Reaction score
jonwright said:
-

Jonathan,

Reality check – when you say you don’t want monster HP – but just a little kick – what exactly are we talking here. Installing the Edge/Attitude is going to get a ton of kick. If you’re just looking for a little extra go power and still tow safely with it – then the Xzillaraider XZT (50 to 65 HP) might be a good choice for you. That, maybe a single EGT gauge for when you’re towing and a 4” exhaust – cost you around the same as just the Edge/Attitude alone. And you won't have a cluttered up interior - the EGT could be mounted down low and out of the way.

Just a thought for you -

Ron

jonwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ron. That sounds a bit more like what I'd like to do. I'll look into that for sure.

My idea here is to be able to do a mod then (as much as possible) forget about it.

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JONATHAN, i have a 99" 7.3. i did the same as you want to do. i did AFE stage 1 intake, MBRP 4" exhaust, and Edge Juice w/ Attitude. With that you get 5 on the fly power adjustments, starting with 0 wich is stock setting on up. i haul a 3200lb camper and am happy with the power levels i can select from for the mtns. here in Wa. The Attitude monitors rpm, boost, egt and you can set the engine to defuel at certain egt ranges. my thought is that this is a good system for guys like us.

www.edgeproducts.com

Grizz350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Jonathan, as you can see from my sig. & pics. I'm running most of the mods your looking at installing. I like the Edge J/A and it has good power for towing. I tow in level 5 all the time. I'll try to cover the basic mods for towing & some cost saving options. Most sponsors have these parts.

-When it comes adding any programmer, tuner, etc. to a 7.3L and towing. You're going to have turbo stall or surge. Here's a good write up and also a good place to buy a upgraded wheel. The wheel alone took care of my surge problems. http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/turbo_stall

-Gauges:I added Isspro EV tranny & water temp. to my J/A. They are mounted in my dash. No matter what you use, gauges are a must.

-Exhaust:Magnaflow & MBRP are (2) examples of aftermarket exhaust. Two other options are to either remove the factory muffler and straight pipe the exhaust or install a Walker BTM muffler found here.http://www.longislandperformancediesel.com/Exhaust%20tips.htm .

-Transmission:The Edge J/A has no programming for the tranny. I installed a Sonnex/Tricum kit found here http://www.blackclouddieselperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=30_32_41&osCsid=9867703af3294cbb3d24f7a0fee5df80 . I really like the firmer shifts.

-Air Intake: You can build your own Tymar Intake with pics here http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3056&highlight=tymar+intake or you can buy a DIY intake or aftermarket filtering systems like the ones shown here http://www.longislandperformancediesel.com/Ford%2099-03/Ford%20-%2099-03%20-%20Air.htm .

Grizz

Last edited:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
That, maybe a single EGT gauge for when you’re towing and a 4” exhaust – cost you around the same as just the Edge/Attitude alone. And you won't have a cluttered up interior - the EGT could be mounted down low and out of the way.

Just a thought for you -

Ron

I've got my pyro gauge mounted on the steering column in one of THESE pods and, truthfully, I could get rid of the other gauges since I don't really monitor them like I do EGT numbers...

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I would vouch for the Edge Juice/Attitude module & monitor, my best 750 bucks spent on the truck! :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14