Predictions: 12-15 bucks a gallon !

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During recent testomony to congress the oil companies all said that they were at only 80% production capacity. Also, Canada and Mexico are our largest oil suppliers, not the mideast. The US does need to increase oil production. There are multiple untapped fields available to us. The Dakotas, Anwar, and Escalante. All of these places have HUGE amounts of oil, that are available in one form or another. The problem is that they are all in protected areas because of environmental protections put on them. Either by Congress, for Anwar or by the president, Clinton gave Escalante special status. (And REALLY screwed the whole state of Utah) No one has touched the Dakotas, yet...

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Vegoil is still free.

For how much longer? As prices rise more and more people are turning to alternate fuels and before long used oil is going to have a price. I know up here there are so many shops around town that use used motor oil for heat that they have started paying for the used oil.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Don't know for how much longer it will stay free but my restaurants appreciate the service I provide. Don't you complain. I heard that your governor wants to send each Alaskan a monthly dividend check based on Alaskan oil revenues. Lucky you!

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
And some info you probably didn't know. :dizzy

Peak oil hits new heights and the view is not pretty - World - smh.com.au

Kevin Tu, an energy consultant in Canada, says the earthquake and Chinese Government efforts to build huge strategic reserves in time for the Olympic Games in August will have a "huge impact" on the international market.

So not only are the growing economies of China and India driving up the price of oil (speculators too) but China's desire to build a huge strategic reserve by this August will surely add to oil's fast price spike.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For how much longer? As prices rise more and more people are turning to alternate fuels and before long used oil is going to have a price. I know up here there are so many shops around town that use used motor oil for heat that they have started paying for the used oil.

from what i saw and experianced today theres no let up in sight...
all the moms and dads lined up and blocking streets to pick up little
susie and johnie...while the county continues to run buses and pay
for fuel ! STUPID !

apparently if i read it right...by all the idling cars w/ their a/c
running (98* here today) the pain isnt even coming close
to hurting many....

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Don't you complain. I heard that your governor wants to send each Alaskan a monthly dividend check based on Alaskan oil revenues. Lucky you!
Yeper she wants to send each of us $100 a month to help out with the high cost of energy and send the electric company a pile of money so that they can cut our power bill by 60%. It would amount to a savings of over $100 a month on my power bill plus $500 a month in energy debit cards since there are five of us. :D

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Governator Arnie let's drill for oil off California's coast line. Oil platforms off the Malibu coast. :sweet I want a monthly dividend check too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58