Preferred Guages

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you are going to run a fuel presssure gauge, get an electrical one. You don't want fuel lines going into the cab. They can and will eventually break/leak.

Dave

heilman97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I was looking at the fuel pressure guage at a parts store but they told me that the fuel pressure guage wouldn't for me. that since it's a diesel I would need something else like a pump something or other. I'm not sure Any help.. I have the boost and I think i'm gonna buy the pyro today. But as far as the 3rd one... What do I need or what should I get.. I know someone said rear differential temp.. or the fuel.. How about oil pressure? Anything else handy??
thanks

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have virtually the same set up as you do (5sp) and am ordering Autometer Phantom today. I am looking at a mechanical fuel pressure with an isolator (to keep the fuel out of the cab). The electric fuel gauge is $200 but mechanical is only about $125 with the isolator. The only other gauge I considered, and eliminated, is a water temp gauge.

heilman97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So can i get the electrical fuel pressure guage? But why would they say that it wouldn't work? I think they said something about it would be really high on the psi or something.?.? Also pyro 0-1600*?

Last edited:

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heilman97 said:
So can i get the electrical fuel pressure guage? But why would they say that it wouldn't work? I think they said something about it would be really high on the psi or something.?.? Also pyro 0-1600*?

Sounds like whoever told you that the fuel pressure would be really high is cornfused.............Get a 0 -100PSI electric fuel pressure gauge for your pillar.

A 0 - 1600* pyro is about right if you go pre-turbo. Pre-turbo seems to be the most recommended way to install.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
If they said it wont work they are proving they do not know what they are talking about. You can get an electric fuel pressure gauge but they are expensive but yes, they do work.

I just ordered my gauges tonight from GOS Racing and got a mechanical fuel gauge reading up to 100 lbs. I also got the isolator. You may be familiar with an isolator - I wasnt and Jerry explained it to me on my level (low). There is a stainless fuel line that goes (I think) from the FPR to the isolator. From the isolator to the gauge is an anti-freeze filled nylon tubing line (you do the filling.) The isolator has a dampener to prevent needle flutter.

I dont know the pyro range, I left that to Jerry and didnt ask.

www.gosracing.com has gauge packages that are very competitively priced and Jerry was great at visiting with me about the setup I need/want.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
with a manual you dont need a tranny temp its a waste. you only need a boost and pyro.
took the letters straight out of my keyboard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14