PreFuel filter fuel filter

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i was wondering has anyone added a filter inline so that the fuel filters on the motor dont have to be changed as often, cause at 30 bux for a filter :eek: :eek: :eek: i dont wanna replace it every 3k to 5k!!! if i upgrade my fuel system with a kit will it come with a inline filter?? also any recomendations for a good filter to use?

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
I just got a filter to put prepump but I haven't installed it yet would love to do intank mods at the same time!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I used a Racor 900FH Turbine series, heated at a 2 micron rating before the pump. Stock is a 10 micron if IIRC. 900FH filters are only $11.30. A little over kill, the 500FH would be a little easier to install for ground clearance issues.

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Currently running the Racor 445R90. Pic was taken with the R60 element.

Tbar

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I installed a Wix/NAPA/Car Quest filter upstream of the fuel pump.

I put it ahead of the fuel pump to protect that expensive fuel pump from debris in the tank. It also helps prolong the life of the stock filter.

This particular filter is also a water separator and I have notice improved running last winter since it was installed.

vbpicgallery.php

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Dahl 100, pre fuel pump. as you can see from the above Post, there are several to choose from.

joe

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I also have a Dahl 100 w/ a 2 micron element in it pre-pump. I just changed it for the first time since install 8 mos. ago and my truck now runs quiet again. Also, check e-bay for the factory elements. I paid $26 plus tax/shipping for FOUR filters just last week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58