Pro Comp spring issues.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
He all. New member here.. First post.. Here's a quick description of the family truck

2001 F250 4WD Turbo diesel. 4 Door with a 6" supension lift on it. Running 37" Pro comp xtreeme all terrains. Bushwacker bolt on fender flares.

I bought it used and after we got it the bushings on the front springs went out. They were BDS springs. Well I replaced them with a set of 6" Procomp springs. Part #22610. Well now a year later it seems the springs have flattened out and now the tires rub the fender flares. The right side more so then the left.

The lift kit on it has a trackbar drop bracket up behind the pitman arm with the track bar bolted in lower hole and the axle has a bracket that lifts the track bar up on the axle side. Better for bump steer I guess.

I'm wondering if I just got a bad set of springs.. I've never seen a set of procomp springs do that.. (I used to install lift kits at a shop in the past)

The shocks are pretty worn out and are going to be replaced, but the shocks don't determine the ride height and should have nothing to do with this.

Any ideas are apprecaited.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad set of springs to me.

You might send waynesoffroad a pm as he is a new member here that is going to change out a set of 6.5" pro comp springs to a set of 4" pro comp springs. He needs a little less height and a little better ride. Both you guys are in California and might be able to help each other out. He might know about the sag issue or maybe sell the 6.5" springs he is removing.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking..

Thanks for the heads up on waynesoffroad. I'll send him a pm.

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Well, depending on the wheels you are running , the 37's would rub on a 6" kit on an 01. The spring will settle from the initial install height.

My question is, do you have a replacement bumper? If so, the front springs cannot handle the extra weight.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the wheels.. Procomp says that it's 6.5" kit can fit 37's.

We do have an aftermarket bumper. Didn't think it would make a difference.. But I guess it could.. I wonder if I should install some spring helpers on the front..

That or get some front drop hangers to make it an 8" lift. :)

Reaction score
switch to the dual shock set up also especially with the aftermarket bumper. I purchased mine for 85 bucks on ebay. You do have to buy another pair of shocks too.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We already have dual shocks on it. :(

I know 1 shock on each side that's shot out.. Plus last night I saw the front shock on passanger side has slid out of the bushing.. Looks like it was not installed right. Also the bushings on the left side look to be shot out because the shocks move up and down around the top bold. So now I'm looking for new shocks. :( It's gunna be expensive.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I would shy away from the ProComp springs, I've heard of several cases and witnessed 2 of there springs leveling out like that. just my .02

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
My suspension is completely different than yours, I've got the coil spings up front instead of leafs, but so far I haven't noticed any sagging or "flattening" with my Fabtech spings, I've had them on the truck for about 18 months now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14