Problem Child

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Okay where do I start, oh about the start of April. What I thought was a seemingly perfect 12/02 build truck had become satan's spawn in a matter of minutes. Switched from the Triple Dog to the SCT for wanting more power and I don't drive it but on the weekends so wanted to have fun with the truck. As soon as I put the SCT on is when I found out that my truck was actually retarded. Not 500 miles later tranny went out this was in stock form. I had my oasis report run and found that in fact it was reflashed and there was nothing on the truck stating it had been. Just got the trans rebuilt with Suncoast everything. When we tore down the trans at the dealership we started doing some clearance measurements. NONE of the clearances were right, NONE. Rebuilt trans and got everything like it is supposed to. Trans had been messed with but not by any Ford dealer. Found out that the computer was confused. It ended up having two processor codes and two different strategies in it at the same time. Still scratching our heads on that one. Sent computer off to be fixed. As soon as I got it back and put it on my truck it has somehow frickin changed its ownself without any Ford tech messing with it. It was a TBS7 when I got the computer back but as soon as I put it in the truck it changed itself to a TEC5. What I thought was a fixed truck now has become a frickin nightmare. I have already dropped over $6,000 to $7,000 is this truck to make it run like it is supposed to and run like a scalded ape. In return this crap keeps happening. Granted I'm a Ford fan through and through. I bleed nothing but Ford but this truck has made me reconsider Ford very hard. Not one thing that has been done to this truck has made it act frickin right. I want to say this truck is declaring war on me.:roflmao This truck wants to do its own thing. I was considering of getting rid of it for a new one but thought am I going to run into the same problems and have to drop even more money into it. The truck has only 45,000 miles on it and it acts like it is over 20 years old and has a million miles. Even worse is I have considered dropping it for a 12 valve Cummins or a 98 thru 2002 Cummins. I know I know burn him at the stake. Now I have also considered getting a 03' 7.3L. I won't have the performance easily like I can with the 6.0L but at least I won't have the frickin problems. I knew I should have kept my 94' OBS but I just had to have a newer and nicer truck. I apoligize but I needed to vent about this.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
How about a newer 6.0? If you have the money just get a brand new 6.0L from Ford

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
I was considering of getting rid of it for a new one but thought am I going to run into the same problems and have to drop even more money into it.

I can get the regular cab XL 4x4 like I wanted to begin with but in the back of my mind I'm thinking if I am going to run into the same problems. Money is not an option anymore. Whatever I do it will be at the end of the year. I'm going to be all over TX. and New Mexico till the end of the year for work. So by then my mileage will still be the same so my trade in value won't go down to much hopefully. This truck has unfortunately tainted my feeling for Ford. Just thought of another option. Sell it and go buy me an OBS and drop a Cummins in it for alot of fun.:thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58