Problem ..Please Help.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I was shimming my Fuel Pressure Regulator, and broke one of the torx head studs that holds the FPR cover on. Does anyone know where I can get another stud to replace it?
What is involved in taking off the filter bowl so I can get the broken piece out?
Or, is there a way to get it out without taking it off?
Thanks.
Jamie

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
You can probably get a replacement stud at a fastener place (nuts and bolts store). I am pretty sure it is metric. Take the broke off piece with you and have them use that to find you the right thread pitch and length.

Do you have an easy out set?

Tom

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I dont have an easy out set but I was thinking this might be the time to invest in one. My biggest problem is I have a feeling getting that fuel bowl off is not going to be fun. It looks like everything is hooked to it, and I cant figure out if it mounts thru the HPOP. If anyone has a "how-to" on how to get it out I would appreciate it.
thanks
Jamie

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Depending on how bad you reefed on it when it broke, you might try left handed drill bits too.

Sometimes that does the trick.

Tom

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a fuel bowl out of the truck (scroll to bottom). Don't know if this helps you or not.

Poke here

Tom

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Are those bolts isolated or is oil going to come out? If anyone knows how to do this without creating a hugh mess , please let me know.
Thanks.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
BTW, I checked with Ford, and of course they wont just sell the bolts. You have to buy a kit with the cover and bolts. $39.24 mistake, but I guess I get a new o ring out of it not that there was anything wrong with the old one.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
BTW, I checked with Ford, and of course they wont just sell the bolts. You have to buy a kit with the cover and bolts. $39.24 mistake, but I guess I get a new o ring out of it not that there was anything wrong with the old one.
Bummer, you couldnt find a bolt somewhere else?

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I probably could but I need to get it fixed tonight. Thats why I'm hoping someone who has removed the filter bowl can help me out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14