Question problem

david goins

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 f350 7.3 powerstroke. I just had the hpop pump replaced. while we were in there we found the turbo pedasel was cracked. Fixed that. The truck still runs rough. it has no power. it takes 30 to 40 seconds to get to 40 mph floored. it shudderers in the lower gears . really bad in third. its a automatic. and when you put it in reverse it will stall if your foot is on the brake. i dont know what to check. if anyone has any ideas please responde
thanks dave:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
sounds like multiple problems...

running rough.. check the under valve cover harnesses?

shuddering in the lower gears.. like a misfire? or something different?

really bad in third.. could be transmission related or could be ignition.. check one and two.. get back to us...

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Dave and welcome to SSD.com, glad to have you here.
(could be transmission)
Make sure the transmission fluid is full.

Doug

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rough running and lack of power will come with having the HPOP out until the air gets worked out of the hpop system which is usually around a few hundred miles, but not to the extreme that you're describing.

UVC harnesses combined with some trans issues the most likely being low fluid.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blown valve cover gasket? IIRC, that happened to my 96 F250 and it wouldn't go faster than 35. I would have a diagnostic computer on it and run with it and see what kind of readings you get.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this can give you a better idea on what the IPR looks like.the IPR is to the left of the pump in this pic with the tin nut on it..if the tin nut is loose..it can make your truck skip..go easy on the nut if you need to tighten it..it can strip very easy..to see if the nut is loose..grab the wire plug on the sensor and see if you can twist it back and forth on the sensor..if it moves..the nut is loose...tighten the nut just enough to keep the plug from moveing around..

the ICP tells the PCM what the PSI is in the rail..the PCM will then tell the IPR what it needs to do....if your not getting the oil it needs..the truck will skip and smoke..in a sence..it is getting too much fuel..only because its not getting the right amount of oil PSI for a good clean burn..

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg