ProComp tires

Fine69

Reaction score
Any of you guys have any good or bad experience with Pro Comp Tires? I'm looking into getting new winter tires for my stock wheels. I'm considering Toyo M/T's, ProComp XTerrains, and Nitto Terra Grapplers.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
I have had 3 sets of the X-terrains on my X in 6 years. The look awesome and dig like Taliban trying to get out of G-Mo. Road Ride in the beginning is great, but after a year, I started to get some balancing issues. Now they sound and feel like tractor tires. :eek: They last about 20-30K miles. But I did buy 3 sets. :D

Since they are having their sale and I am trying to get better gas mileage, I am looking at the Pro-Comp mudders or all-terrrains. I don't know about those yet.

All in all a good tire, don't last long , but the X-Terrains aren't designed for long wear....LOL

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I've had the nitto's and have the Procomp extreme AT's and they both worked awsome in snow and ice. A narrower tire might have worked better in the snow tho. I can't tell ya how long they last because the nitto's went away with my 01 and I only have 10k on the AT's. The wife knows you can run on a flat AT for 10 miles without it debeading or catching on fire. But you could poke your finger through the sidewall in alot of spots.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i had the a/ts, they were nice, and i bought them for the buy 3 get one free deal they are always running.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
also my next set will be pro comp a/ts, changing back from bridgestone deuler revo's. the revos are the best riding, traction, handling tire i have ever had......but the high price coupled with the quick wear makes it not worth it.the pro comp a/ts werent too far behind in the traction and handling, and they wore much longer and cost much less.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I love my Extreme A/T's, I have close to 30k miles on them, and they have alteast another year left in them (12k-18k) They come with a 40k mile warranty, I have been very happy with them, in snow, ice, mud, dirt. I've even sled pulled with them, and the traction is excellent, and exceptionally quiet for as big of a tire as I have 38.5" most tires that large are quite loud.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i have used up a little over 1/2 life on my terra grapplers. i have no issues with them. good road tire. good snow tire. currently have ~20k on them. i got them thru
http://discounttiredirect.com..

p.s. and i don't run air - i run nitro and in 2 years have never had to touch the pressure - set at 70

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The NITTO's have not been a good tire for me. I currently have about 14k on them and there is barely 4/32 tread depth on them now.

I am either gonna go back to the BFG's or give the Toyo MT's a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58