Prodigy Brake Controller placement?

TTYE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Got to know, where is the best place to mount this thing? I have a 2004 F350CC and there's the little cubby hole but don't want to destroy the dash putting in.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
TTYE said:
Got to know, where is the best place to mount this thing? I have a 2004 F350CC and there's the little cubby hole but don't want to destroy the dash putting in.

I've got mine mounted directly below that cubby. Before you mount it, though, think ahead to future locations for gauges, GPS's, or any other goodies you'd like to mount so you can make it make sense from the beginning. I liked keeping the cubby open for sunglasses and pens and other stuff.:sweet

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TTYE said:

I've got mine in that cubby and it works quite well as a location. I cut a ~3/4"x3/4" hole in the back of the cubby to pass the wiring through with my Leatherman and wedged the Prodigy w/bracket attached in place. Sooner or later I'll get around to screwing the bracket in place, but so far it's stayed firmly in position.

5vertugger

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I also mounted mine in the cubby, just drilled a hole in the back for the wires. Works great and doesn't move.

TTYE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses!!! I knew you all would have the answer!!!!

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5vertugger said:
I also mounted mine in the cubby, just drilled a hole in the back for the wires. Works great and doesn't move.

Dang, you drilled a hole? That's quite fancy--I got bored while waiting for -P class to start one afternoon this spring and decided to see if my Leatherman would do the job. It worked quite well, although actually plugging the wire into the truck-mounted harness from the controller was an exercise in contortionism...

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the cubby so I mounted mine beneath and a little to the left of it.

Prodigy_Mounting.jpg

Didn't need to drill holes....little pressure required with phillips screwdriver is all it took to start and set the screws supplied with the Prodigy.

5vertugger

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about being a contortionist when working under the dash. My problem is not getting in that position , its getting back out.
With the prodigy mounted on the left side of the cubby i have enough room to the right of it for my cell. I use a small piece of that anti slip stuff on that side so the phone doesn't fall out on every turn.

Last edited:

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prodigy Mounting Questions

s d mills said:
I use the cubby so I mounted mine beneath and a little to the left of it.

Howdy s d:

Just curious, I'm getting ready to install a Prodigy. It looks like your mounting location has the Prodigy on a pretty steep incline. Does mounting at that severe an angle cause any type of operational problems.

Also, what did you do with the wires. Just route them down and around the bottom edge of the dash or did you drill a hole?

Thanks in adavance for you reply.

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems at all, Rex....can be mounted up to 70* vertical incline....worked great right out of the box. Note that I'm using the pocket mount system where I can easily switch the controller between vehicles; and, the harness is just running around the bottom of the dash with the excess wire-tied up behind the dash. Check out the link below.

Prodigy installation instructions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14