productivity screen

jamesv

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello i just bought a 2011 f250 for a great deal that never left the lot. The only thing is one option i would like to have it did not come with,thats the productivity screen between the speed o and tach. There is the space there that looks to be just pluged and filled with the smaller display. I tryed to call several deallers and no one wants to even look in to it. I find it hard to beleve that ford would have all new harness or pvm for a 300$ option. Does any one know the answer to this or how to find this out.

Last edited:

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a discussion regarding this on another site, sounds like you would need the new cluster and have the dealer reprogram it to work. Might be quite expensive.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That option probably has to be enabled in the programming of the PCM, by the Dealer. I am NOT stating this from experience, just an educated guess.

Dave

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't assume the harness is there either. many years ago i bought a GMC 3500 and missed oredering the electrically adjustable outside mirrors. no problem i thought as i was going to buy replacement towing mirrors anyway. so I order the electric adjustable mirrors, a new armrest panel with the switch cutout and the mirror switch. i put the passenger side in first and plugged the mirror into the harness plug. i got to the drivers door, installed the switch (harness plug there) and put new panel on. installed mirror and there was no plug. it was cut off on the production line. i could see the wires, but they were tapped off. :rant the dealer could only get me an entire door harness for 600 bucks. :eek: i couldn't find a newer truck in any local junkyard. i found a junkyard (online) in Tennessee that had a harness and sold it to me for 50 bucks.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58