Programmer for 7.3 2002

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I have a friend that wants my Superchips programmer. I have had good luck with it and kind of gotten used to it. But I want some feed back from you guys since this SuperChips is all I have ever had.

I would like to stay with a programmer instead of a chip

Whats out there better than what I have , and how pricey is it? :confused:

dpantazis

Reaction score
whata-gramps-

read that document CAREFULLY! i took a quick look at it- i am a professional engineer, so allegedly i understand and grind numbers for a living.

whomever reduced the data and made those pretty charts is not someone who regularly deals with gathering and interpreting data. sure the graphs are pretty, but they really don't show you much. the X-Y plots don't reveal too much.

their conclusions though, are somewhat conclusive with the data.

"All of the tuners and modules produced more power and torque than the stock engine as measured on the DynoJet
The conclusions drawn for torque are the same as those for HP"

yeah, we pretty much expected that. and notice that the well known 'better' tuners did a better job realizing their 'performance' gains. their analysis about which tuner gained 50/75/100 HP over stock at whatever RPM is interesting- but i am not sure it means anything in the real world.

i would ignore the percentage comparisons between brands. the references are worthless.

i was also surprised why some of the other reputable tunes were left out- tony's and jody's. i should reread it....

i think there are other parameters that would be important to consider against all this data: boost, EGT and some index to compare fuel consumption/HP or consumption/RPM (think amount of smoke generated. Why? Are they getting their HP/TQ by overfuelling or by optimizing the engine's performance?)

i commend them on their initiative and efforts but i would not consider their data to be reliable and use it to make an informed purchase decision.

dennis

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I should have been more precise inmy comment. I really wasn't talking about the graphs but what they had to say instead.

I was talking about the part of the article that said they had to quit testing after the 'Excalibrator 2' due to the engine puking out coolant and not producing any boost....after that the owner of the truck said he ahd enough.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
One thing never to be forgotten and thats customer service,Diane and Jody will take care of ya'll:sweet

It's our advertisers that get the job done!

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also go with a SCT Xcal 2 .... Just another option out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14