programmers vs WIKI tech?

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still reading and researching on different things to do to the tow rig. But I am running into a few questions. I like the fact that using alot of the mods from the WIKI tech articles is dirt cheap. But, I am wondering on thier long term effects on the powerstroke and how reliable they are compared to the programmers / chips.

Now keep in mind I am not looking to drag race this thing. I am just looking for some help while pulling 9k lbs behind the truck.

Things planned are, guages, exhaust then either some sort of programmer or just run the wiki tech stuff and forget about it.

I was also thinking about buying the dfuser 18k mod thingy. How does this stack up?

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
I would say for less than 300 bucks you can get a Edge EZ.....add 60 - 65 hp and be done with it. Its a proven product. Other companies make similar products that just the one off the top of my head right now at 1am. lol

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Jopes,

Which articles are you worried about? If you do the most of the mods there before the tuning you'll be much happier. :sweet

I shimmed my FPR, did the HX hose, AIH delete and already had an intake before I even got into hot rodding my diesel. Got gauges then a programmer. All in a months period. Then exhaust and a clutch.

The 18k is basically the same thing as the 10k mod in the WIKI, the Edge EZ is too.

All the other mods came with reading, testing and finding problems.:D I have 40k miles since I turned everything up.:thumbs

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my plans from what I have been reading are looking to be.

-shim the fpr
-ccv mod
-cold air intake
-AIH delete
-either remove the exhaust brake or make it so I can use it when I want to.
-either the adjustable 10k mod or 18k mod.

this is all after I do guages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14