Propane or Gas assisted

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have been reading about the addition of proane or Natural Gas, to help the combustion of Diesel fuel. The benefits are looking great. Has anyone here tried it or are you now using it. I feel that I will do this sonner then later. The pay back is like 20,000 miles.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sales propoganda for propane injection is phenomenal however what is usually left out when doing calculations is the actual cost of the propane they tout increased diesel MPG but of course you're adding another fuel to the mix. The problem is that how much propane you consume varies heavily upon your driving style and what psi the propane is set to come on at.

The other thing that they omit in the sales info is that propane changes the timing of your engine and is not friendly with standard programs or programmers you need burns specifically for propane.

I researched this very completely about 4 years ago and came to the conclusion that I would be better off sticking with using #2 only

RalphNJ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of looking at two different systems...

TGI, Inc
Diesel Magnum

Anyone ever used them?

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all looks good on paper....but what about where the rubber meets the road...I get all the benefits, but the start up cost is usually a killer.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to look into snow performance water injection the start up is high but it has a lot of pros the washer fluid is cheaper then propane and its safer and you can fill up at any gas station and if it leaks you won't blow yourself up LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58