props to JLDickmon

dpantazis

Reaction score
i was away this weekend, in mosquito infested central wisconsin. was up trying to help a buddy out with some stuff at his house. i have been dealing with a stuck caliper and probably warped rotor, 'deferred' maintenance on my part..

drive up was uneventfull. drive into town saturday, the truck is stopping like a 20lb steelhead, head shaking something BAD and pulling hard to the left. ok, i'm busted now. i gotta fix the brakes to get home. 150 miles form home and the truck is teaching me a lesson. no manual, no computer, no clean clothes.

i hit napa and pick up parts. get to it today on a borrowed lift and tools. i get stumped by the new carrier pins being different colors and one has 2 flats, one has a fatter head. new ones look nothing like the old ones. one carrier has holes for the bellows, one doesn't. one rotor is stuck HARD. i get intimidated and flustered. i am not about to ask my 'hosts' for help- gonna catch big grief if i do being city folk and all.

i manage to get a hold of JLD and he calms me down. gives me advice and straightens me out to get it done. two hours later, i am back on the road. only hiccup was a bent dust shield that freaked me out 1/4 mile down the road when it started to scrape against the rotor.

so to JLD, this leine's for you! :thanks :rock

thanks for taking the time to help me out and set me straight.

dennis

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
mosquito infested central wisconsin

Are you sure you weren't in NORTHERN Wisconsin?? I seriously haven't seen a mosquito around here in a long time :dunno

That's what you get for leaving on a trip with a broken truck. :tongue2

Glad JL could help you out. :sweet

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'd do it for anybody, anytime (preferably not at 3:30am :eek: )

Especially since I've been in similar straits myself, and I know how it feels...

glad ya got it back on the road

get to it today on a borrowed lift

sometimes life is soooo rough :tounge

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
thgoodpost.gif
DP!!!

Way to go JL,
e162f006.gif

Members online

Forum statistics