Proud new 05 F250 Owner

Hydro6253

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HI, New to the site and the diesel world. Traded my 05 F150 for a F250 Pretty good up grade i think! Anyways lots of stuff to learn because i know nothing about Diesel. Will be looking for some good Mods, any suggestions?? :confused:

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com!!! congrats on the new truck - With a 6.0 make sure you keep up on oil changes and fuel filter changes and avoid extended idle times (Bad for turbo and EGR valve and cooler) Do that and it will give you years of service. Drive it like you stole it ;tu

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dont have it idle for no reason. Read on the high ifle mod(couple wires) I think it works on the 05, does on an 04.
Great for warming it up. The thing with idling is it does not get the cylinders hot enough to burn all the fuel well enough. Unburnt fuel is not good for the engine(the way i understand it.) The high idle will get the cylinder temps higher.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why watch the idle time?:doh:How long on the idle times ????

6.0's have egr which recirculates exhaust gas back into the motor to help burn off more soot - at idle the egr valve is open so exhaust gas is passing through it at a slow rate and it tends to stick to the valve and can clog it up and the cooler as well. Thats why it is good to get in it once in a while to blow the soot out of everything. Extended idle time, a good rule of thumb is anything over 5min. Just hammer down now and then thats all :sweet

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dont have it idle for no reason. Read on the high ifle mod(couple wires) I think it works on the 05, does on an 04.
Great for warming it up. The thing with idling is it does not get the cylinders hot enough to burn all the fuel well enough. Unburnt fuel is not good for the engine(the way i understand it.) The high idle will get the cylinder temps higher.

100% correct, The high idle mod is great - Prevents that and egr clogging...

Hydro6253

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Been reading littel bit on this egr there is a delete kit isnt there? what are the benifites of this ???? And my truck when i start it idles normal but if it idles for abot two minutes it will start to idle just below 1000 900 or so is the mod you are talking about?

Last edited:

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are delete kits which eliminate the egr system so you don't have to worry about it coking up, some kits are better than others, a little involved to install but not to bad, you will get a check engine light if you do that, unless you get a tuner. They are going to start emissions testing diesels in the future so you may get screwed with this mod down the road.

Hydro6253

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So are saying this mod is not reversible cant put it back once done? I think it would be a while before they require the emissions as it takes the goverment so long to do anything:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58