Proud of the 'ol girl

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Got back this afternoon from a nice heavy tow. Loaded friday, p.m. Delivered and drove back today, 340 miles round trip. On my Wells Cargo: 1 large air compressor, 1 Miller arc welder, 1 small lathe, 1 large drill press, 2 snap-on rollaways, 1 table saw, 1 large planer, 70 horse johnson outboard, 50 horse yamaha outboard, 1 Onan generator, 1 tire mounting machine, about 30 assorted milk crates full of tire chains, old parts, etc. Hit the local Bluestone place for a weight and 21,900 was the gross. I'm a few ticks below 240k and I'll tell ya' what...These trucks rule. I've had a few crappy posts in the past about small issues. Thought something positive was in order. After 4 years and way too many miles, I love this truck.:hail

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a great tow,what were the speeds you were able to pull it at,give us some good detail on how the truck pulled it.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's great so see you had a good safe trip. I think we all agree, that overall we have the best trucks made.
:sweet

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
thats a great tow,what were the speeds you were able to pull it at,give us some good detail on how the truck pulled it.

I never took it over 60, not because it wouldn't do it but from concern over safely stopping. Pulled a long grade at 50, no problem. Mileage averaged between full and empty for entire trip hand calculated 11.8 Not bad seeing the trailer empty is over 4k for the ride back. Truck never thought twice about it. Today she gets an oil change and washed.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Got back this afternoon from a nice heavy tow. Loaded friday, p.m. Delivered and drove back today, 340 miles round trip. On my Wells Cargo: 1 large air compressor, 1 Miller arc welder, 1 small lathe, 1 large drill press, 2 snap-on rollaways, 1 table saw, 1 large planer, 70 horse johnson outboard, 50 horse yamaha outboard, 1 Onan generator, 1 tire mounting machine, about 30 assorted milk crates full of tire chains, old parts, etc. Hit the local Bluestone place for a weight and 21,900 was the gross. I'm a few ticks below 240k and I'll tell ya' what...These trucks rule. I've had a few crappy posts in the past about small issues. Thought something positive was in order. After 4 years and way too many miles, I love this truck.:hail

I was gonna ask ya how much ya wanted for the roll-cabs...
then I went back and re-read the post..

glad you're upbeat...

mine's been hauling a Clydesdale, a Fresian and an Icelandic 84 mile round trip to riding lessons for the last four Saturdays...

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
Nice! I love hearing the good stories about these trucks instead of the bad ones! Thats a hell of a load awesome

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I was gonna ask ya how much ya wanted for the roll-cabs...
then I went back and re-read the post..

glad you're upbeat...

mine's been hauling a Clydesdale, a Fresian and an Icelandic 84 mile round trip to riding lessons for the last four Saturdays...

No, JL, not my stuff. A buddy of mine moved, and couldn't really handle the shop stuff, so my brother and I hooked him up. I didn't realize you had heavy horses. My daughter wants a Clydesdale in the worse way, but between the 4-H goats, 2 horses and all the other critters running around it ain't happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58