PSDs and CBs

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok how many watts can i push out of a CB radio before it starts to tweak my PCM?

right now i am running a mirage 88 that has had a conversion done on it.stock it puts out about 3 watts on low power and 12 watts on high power on AM and FM bands.on sideband it does about 25 watts.im running it through a wilson 1000 mag mount antenna.tonight i was squashing a guy real bad.he kept flipping his switches till i couldnt do it anymore.he had turn it up to around 1500 watts to stop me from keying over him.and at that level i was still hitting the 3rd person with the same amount of signal as the other guy.we were both hitting the third radio at 9 swinging to 10 on the meter.

i am looking into getting some heat behind this radio but dont wanna screw with my PCM or IDM with too much RF interference.i also run a galaxy dx959 in the other truck that has been peaked and tuned.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
no comment :D but i do know that the dude i was squashing will be getting a pin in his coax in the very near future as there are only 2 people on the radio that can stand him and me and my bud stumpy arent either of them :innocent :innocent

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fast Talking CB Radio

Oh my goodness, I haven't been in a good CB fight in a long time, I like the Wilson 1000 but don't care for the mag mount antenna. I have a Frances 5 x 5 on my pickup now and a 3 or 4 watt radio. Do good to talk 5 miles on a good day. I have 3 or 4 foot warmers around here somewhere.
Didn't know if I could run one on the new truck or not. What ye think?:dunno

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
we have good cb fights all the time,just some people go too far and piss off the whole channel like this guy does.

you should be able to put some heat behind yours but we need to know the answer to my question to find out how much heat we can run.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
My mobile ham rig puts out 100 watts. The truck is not affected. It's wired direct to one of the batteries. Thanks to Ford for those pass-through wires in the harness, no drilling through the firewall.:hail

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Maybe some metal window screen wrapped around, and some RF isolators and hardening the engine bay you could push 1000W if you add a batt and some transformers....LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58