Puking Coolant

NFA Fun

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
FDD, thanks for the heads up. After picking up my truck last week for various repairs, they replace the fan clutch and belt. Much to my suprise when I popped the hood, I noticed they used a Sawzall to cut out the fan shroud, then screwed it back together. I am VERY anal about keeping my truck in perfect pristine condition and to see this really has me steamed...but since I am fighting with FMC, i will not worry about it.

NFA Fun

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
FDD, my biggest problem has really been with one particular FSE at Ford. We have some bad blood between us from another buy back a few years ago. Really made him look like and idiot (which was not hard to do) and he is out for me.

Tx Fire Boy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
After 23000 miles my 05 stated "PUKING COOLANT", I have always run this truck under a load but had no problem until now.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
anyone know the gallon capacity of the 6.0 degass bottle?
I agree it seems small compared to teh huge one on the 7.3, maybe we have a new mod coming soon.
a bigger expansion tank? when we pull the coolant does get real close to the top and i have evidence of some escape but nothing i ever worried about
no smells or steam

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't think it will matter WHAT size bottle you have if the cause is a lifting head gasket, 2300 degrees will flash boil ANY amout of coolant :) :)

If it is puking - the cause of the problem needs to be addressed or the damage will continue to be done :(

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
I really don't think it will matter WHAT size bottle you have if the cause is a lifting head gasket, 2300 degrees will flash boil ANY amout of coolant :) :)

If it is puking - the cause of the problem needs to be addressed or the damage will continue to be done :(

true lifting the head is a problem,
but i was thinking more of a stock truck
I am still to hesitant to chip or tune the 6.0
I was thinking this morning about the egr. and was talking out loud to myself,
if we must cool down the exhaust gasses before they pass back in to the combustion chamber and 1200-1300 is pretty darn hot to cool down fast with 218 degree water.
whay didnt they run a separate cooler for the egr through an intercoolere up front like the charge air cooler and have them mix in the intercooler????

loosenutz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have 05 with 17k.
In seven times for other crap that always seems to lead to new problems.
Three times puking coolant.
Most recent visit they said it was faulty EGR x?valve???
20 miles later the engine locked up and I haven't seen the truck ( mayby a blessing? ) for nine days now, and the service rep has nothing but questions for me!!! No answers???

donfordguy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey all

you no my dads 89 used to do that the dealer side head gasket but some times there wrong it was the Thermostat sticking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14