Question Puking

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info but the TSB won't help me as I am at 140k miles. This one will be out of my pocket! I still haven't had time to check it out yet. I will let everybody know as soon as I get caught up and have time. On a side note, why do we take vacations? I always seem to work harder after vacation than I do before vacation and I end up being more tired than before I went. I have an idea, why not work 2 days a week and have a 5 day weekend. While I am at it I believe I will change and work 2 weeks a year and have a 50 week vacation. Man I need a vacation!

Scott

sasquatch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If your coolant is overflowing from the degas bottle, there is a TSB 07-21-5 that addresses this issue.

Just an update. That TSB has been superceded by this one http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/fad/tsb/0837.pdf

Scott: I realize this TSB won't ease the pain your wallet in the end, but it might help you spend less before you find the problem. Chances are, you are right with the head gaskets. I know that's my problem, but my dealer refuses to admit it. Good luck.
Rob

Last edited:

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
If your coolant is overflowing from the degas bottle, there is a TSB 07-21-5 that addresses this issue.* This normally only happens when operating the vehicle under a load such as trailer towing, uphill driving, or both.* The TSB outlines a Service Procedure beginning with checking for cross contamination of engine oil into cooling sytem all the way to replacing the head gaskets.* You can view/obtain a copy of all TSB's at ALLDATAdiy.com.My F250 is currently at the dealer with this condition and the head gaskets are being replaced, along with a new head, ARP Studs and a new turbo.:D:D:D
Hopefully your dealers service advisor doesn't read this forum/post, as he would surely reject the warranty(and hopefully you're getting this done under warranty) knowing you ran the big hoss bundle, pushing the heads passed their limits. Or was it just simply operating under a load, which is what our trucks are suppose to do without blowing head gaskets? I did the same thing! I had them install ARP studs as well. Good luck with your dealer. They made me pay a lot extra to install the studs.*

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I got a chance to do some testing today and what I found out wasn't a good sign. I did the trick of parking the truck on a slope and pulling the EGR and there was no water in the intake so I am assuming that my head gaskets are gone. I also drove it to dinner tonight and she is puking much more than before. I get the funny smell anytime I pass someone on the highway and that isn't with me getting on it. I am afraid she isn't going to last much longer! I have already started pricing ARP studs and head gaskets but not sure what else I need. I want to delete the EGR system/cooler and anything else I need. What about the oil cooler, do I replace or delete it? What else? Does anybody have a list of everything I need as I don't want to start this and find I need to order something else. Oh yeah, I am going to try to do this myself with the help of my buddy and his lift. What about the procedure to remove the cab, anybody have that one?

Thanks
Scott

jwoodard

2004 F250 SD HD
Reaction score
fordoor,

Believe it or not, but it was the Service Department Director who called me and recommended I have them install the ARP head studs while they had the engine apart. All my work was covered under warranty. I sourced the ARP head studs from Northern Auto Parts: Home for $409.99 and took them to the dealer for the install. They of course had full knowledge of the Banks Big Hoss bundle installed on the truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim