pulled around 5k around today,was impessed.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i got to pull around 5k,it was my bronco on car dolly,so not sure the exact weight but i thinks its around 5k.so i didnt wantr to drop the driveshaft so i put the back on first,bad idea,i was goin down the highway about 70 in od when i creep up on a dodge pullin a fiver doin about 65.so i switch lanes and go by him,at this point im up to 75,as i get far enough ahead i start to get over,it was also real windy and the the truck got a good gust so i had to kinda counter steer real quick as i was getting over,i look in my rear view mirrior and the bronco is swinging sisde to side big time,i mean my whole truck was getting shakin bad.i thought it was goin to flip and im doin 75 on I 75 with alot of traffic behind me.so of course im having a panic attack at this point,so i just let off throttle and ease on brakes,this truck was still goin crazy back there,so i veer off the road and it calms down,i stop and get out.traffic was slowed to about 20mph,ofcourse everybody is lookin as they speed up.i was scared so bad i was shakin,i thought i was gonna be on the news along with a 40 car pile up.but anyways i switch the truck around and drop the driveshaft and take off again,my destination was the sunshine skyway bridge,its really sleep,seems like a 45 degree angle goin up and not a long bridge but i got to test the big 7.3 with some decen weight.i posted before how i thought my egts were to high witht that 2k trailer,i recallibrated my speedo and now my temps are lower,before i thought i was doin 70,i was doin like 80 because of the tires,so now at 70 in od,it was running at 800* my rpms were at 2000 exactly.the whole way there it ran that temp.when i got to the bridge i kept the cruise on and held 70mph up it,i was suprised,my temps got to 1200 at the top but my r's were still at 2k the whole way up,so it seems like the more you increase the weight,the egts stay pretty much the same.on the way back i think something happened to my boost somewhere like a have a leak,because this time i went at it in 4th doin 65 and my temps quickly went up to like 1350 and my boost was only like 10psi so i had to back out of itin 4th but not in 5th ,something happend.on the whole way home my temp was like 1050 in od doin 70.so something changed.but all in all i was impressed.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with it,since i got all that grease off of the pcm and put some tape on it hasnt messed up yet.workin good.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10K. Just drive it. The 7.3 can take 10K like it's not back there.
My friend has a 97 SuperCab with 4.10s and he pulls his
12500 LB HitchHiker Fifth wheel all the time and it runs great.
He goes to CO from Texas and it is still running like new with 98000 on it now.
You got a very good looking truck.

Last edited:

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10K. Just drive it. The 7.3 can take 10K like it's not back there.
My friend has a 97 SuperCab with 4.10s and he pulls his
12500 LB HitchHiker Fifth wheel all the time and it runs great.
He goes to CO from Texas and it is still running like new with 98000 on it now.
You got a very good looking truck.

well my dad almost has his gooseneck built,just got the axles under it,when its done were gonna throw his f 250 on it and im gonna take another ride,should be right around 10k,then we will see what this 7.3 has.:sly

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Do it. I to 10k like it aint there and I have 3.55s. What setting was your chip at? I got my chip and exhaust on this week, and WOW. It is a huge difference. Just the exhaust helps a lot.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had it on the tow setting,but there isnt much diff from tow and performance when towing,it smokes on have takeoff on performance.did you get your switch mounted?sorry i still havent got any pics up yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58