pushin the limit on psd

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering how tough these trucks are,the most ive towed with mine is a few grand so far,but i want to hear about them bein pushed to the limit and how they handled it.so tell me what your best numbers are,thanks

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i have an f-350 standard cab 8' bed single rear wheel, and the one load i actually knew the weight of was when i had 5,600 lbs of concrete mix in the bed, still had 4" to the bumpstops. i know i have had insane loads in the bed with insane loads on a trailer behind it at the same time, but none that i can give a known mass to. even still, handled like there was room for more! with the aid of down shifting aggressively, it stops not so bad as well.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering how tough these trucks are,the most ive towed with mine is a few grand so far,but i want to hear about them bein pushed to the limit and how they handled it.so tell me what your best numbers are,thanks

with my 96 cc 4x4 i crossed the dot scales at 28500.... yeah they were not happy:roflmao

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The engine (even in stock trim) is capable of wayyyyyy more than even the F-350 chassis can take for abuse. I had 2 yards of crushed gravel in the back of the 06 last week, made it ride just right. Seemed like my 95 didnt ride worth a hoot until there was at least a thousand pounds in the bed.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
Seemed like my 95 didnt ride worth a hoot until there was at least a thousand pounds in the bed.

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!
on a side note......i recently had to straighten my frame rails and upgrade from a class 3 to a class 5 hitch. had so much wood on the trailer that when we got from point a to point b, the hitch had corkscrewed, and the hitch flanges bent the frame rails down about 20*. i now have a big class 5 with monsterous flanges that cover another 8" of framerail.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
16k GVW pulling Travel Trailer through mountains. Did pretty darn good. Had to stop and unload the programmer as it was running too hot when pulling the grades.
4.10's are great for stopping aid.
Rick H...
Luke,
Can you say Leavenworth!!! Hey you wont be far from home that way!
Rick H...

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey rick, i need some more of those bucket heaters... I'll give ya a call tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58