Put in a chip, now I have crap radio reception?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
You mean if you simply take the monitor readout out of its holder yet still leaving the progamming installed your radio reception returns to normal?

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
You mean if you simply take the monitor readout out of its holder yet still leaving the progamming installed your radio reception returns to normal?

Yes when I pop it out I belive its not running the programming, althought im not exactly sure how that works, the PMT is an outlook/chip in one, so I figure when I take it out it is not working anymore.

Thanks
Jeff

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Youve got some kind of funky ground or feedback issue going on, try unhooking the wire you tapped in the fuse box and see what happens.

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Youve got some kind of funky ground or feedback issue going on, try unhooking the wire you tapped in the fuse box and see what happens.

Im wondering if its tapped in to the wrong fuse in the fuse box. If it was in the radio spots fuse would it do something like this? The guy was confused when he was first doing it, about which fuse was which. Maybe I should check it out.

Cheers
Jeff

Reaction score
Check with an Auto-Audio/Stereo store and ask for a power line filter. They will know what you want and should have it.

Dave

There is your first answer. You don't have any problems with your radio at all so no need to remove it. Stop by any radio shack and get an inline choke. They sell them in packs of two for a couple bucks. Take the power cable that you ran to the fuse box and wrap it two to three times around the choke (it comes apart into two parts to do this).
If there are any lead wires, which I assume there are on the BullyDog - you may want to choke those also.

This interference problem seems to affect more 2004 models for some reason. I also had a similar deal after installing my Quad - but the two dollar choke fixed it right up.

Ron

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
There is your first answer. You don't have any problems with your radio at all so no need to remove it. Stop by any radio shack and get an inline choke. They sell them in packs of two for a couple bucks. Take the power cable that you ran to the fuse box and wrap it two to three times around the choke (it comes apart into two parts to do this).
If there are any lead wires, which I assume there are on the BullyDog - you may want to choke those also.

This interference problem seems to affect more 2004 models for some reason. I also had a similar deal after installing my Quad - but the two dollar choke fixed it right up.

Ron

Hey,

Is that was its called, an in line choke? Never heard of it before, but it sounds like its worth a shot. What do you mean by wire leads? As far as I know its just the wire that goes to the fuse box, the wire that goes to the pyro and the wire that goes to the OBD port. This sounds like the things that came with my TV for blocking interference on the power cables, kind of split in two to stick the wire through.

Thanks!

Jeff
Hi,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14