Pyro bouncing

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
This morning after I parked the truck, the needle on my pyro started to bounce. When it stopped, Just for the hell of it, I turned the lights back on and it bounced again. The alt. was replaced about 3 months ago and RPM does seem to matter. Any ideas?

Scott

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I'd check the thermocouple wire for kinks. Also might be one of your power or ground wires loose. Where did you tie in for those?

Other than that, :dunno .

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I don't remember were I tied in but today on the way home I played with the headlight switch and when it was not on the pyro would sometimes go to effectively 0*. With the lights on it works then starts to bounce around, lights off it works for a little while then quits. I'll go out tomorrow and pull it out and see what's going on.

Scott

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you've got a wiring problem. Mine did that when I pulled some wires under the dash and it made a flaky connection on the back of the gauge. Go thru and double check all your connection points and you'll prolly find a loose wire or a connector making a bad connection.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I got too involved in the yard work today to get to checking the wiring. I have had the guages installed for almost two years now. Thanks for all the ideas.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58