Pyrometer gauge problem

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing my gauges in yesterday. I got the glowshift (i know i know... ) I am happy with them, i dont care if the pillar is a little shiny, its a work rig ha ha. So my boost is reading about 25 psi with my foot to the floor, is that normal? I know normal is below 30, but im not sure if thats max, or regular driving. my trans temp is working great. the problem i am having is my egt gauge, its reading 0, i turn the key it ticks all the way up, then back down, when i start the engine it ticks all the way back up again and thats where it stays. Could it be my faulty wiring even though its extremely straight forward? or is this a sign of a bad probe?

any help would be great thanks guys.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
egt gauge You need to put the ground to the motor. I had the same problem with my autometer. I ended up grounding it to the block and that fixed it. Grounding it to the body would not fix it and dont go to the batt. Has to be to the motor. I still to this day dont know why. But I never had the problem again.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just re wired my wires and it works flawlessly. must have been a bad connection. Thanks anyway though.

dpantazis

Reaction score
aklim-

you can put a T in the line from the baby's butt to the MAP sensor on the passenger side of the engine.

or if you have it off, drill and tap the aluminum housing.

dp

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yallz call, but like dp sez.. Simply T'ing into the MAP sensor line and installing a BPRV.. AFTER the "T", so the MAP/PCM never senses OEM spec, "Over Boost".. tripping the PCM into a defuel mode (cutting fuel, CES light, setting a Code).. has always seemed to be a better location, and Safer way to monitor Boost Pressure... From.

No Drilling, No Tapping, No Shavings. No Add-on fitting look.

Just another .03 ??

Last edited:

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yallz call, but like dp sez.. Simply T'ing into the MAP sensor line and installing a BPRV.. AFTER the "T", so the MAP/PCM never senses OEM spec, "Over Boost".. tripping the PCM into a defuel mode (cutting fuel, CES light, setting a Code).. has always seemed to be a better location, and Safer way to monitor Boost Pressure... From.

No Drilling, No Tapping, No Shavings. No Add-on fitting look.

Just another .03 ??

If youre running a tuner that cancels out codes does that prevent the "over boost" code from being thrown? Im ordering a DP tuner soon so thats a good fact to keep in mind ha ha.

I did mine via the instructions for warranty purposes. The instructions on the boost gauge as an individual specified the "T" was for a gas motor. Ive been screwed by warranties before due to fine print.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If youre running a tuner that cancels out codes does that prevent the "over boost" code from being thrown? Im ordering a DP tuner soon so thats a good fact to keep in mind ha ha.

I did mine via the instructions for warranty purposes. The instructions on the boost gauge as an individual specified the "T" was for a gas motor. Ive been screwed by warranties before due to fine print.

;tu I hear ya Bdons. The fine print Will getcha everytime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58