Quality Crossover Trucks Box

jdenny21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What have you guys found to be the most durable and most secure crossover truck boxes? I've heard Adriane Steel is decent, but have heard less favorable reviews on Weathergard, though I have no personal experience with either.

I have some off brand bed rail boxes on my work truck which are crap and want to put something of quality on my personal truck.

Thanks,
JD

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear good things about Adrian steel equipment. I've been a contractor for 10 years, in MY truck I drive for work I've had a weatherguard box for 6 years and I'm very happy with it. It's one of the deep ones front to back normal depth top to bottom.
My dad however had a butterfly lid protech and wasn't happy with it he just did t like the butterfly lid, protech makes a good product. He ended up selling it and getting a weatherguard like mine. The only problem with mine I'm having is the gas shocks are going bad. I herculined the inside and cleaned it all up with totes and whatnot.

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

JRJ04

Reaction score
UWS makes a solid tool box.

I bought mine from my neighbor and the quality is no comparison when you put it next to the tractor supply one i had before (made by DeeZee)

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you do for work ha ha. I do mainly out door construction, a lot of wood tools and power tools. I have all my screwdrivers, sockets, and wrenches in my slider boxes. But of you're throwin a lot of chains, binders, and just some generally heavy stuff in there you'll probably want something really beefy.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear good things about Adrian steel equipment. I've been a contractor for 10 years, in MY truck I drive for work I've had a weatherguard box for 6 years and I'm very happy with it. It's one of the deep ones front to back normal depth top to bottom.
My dad however had a butterfly lid protech and wasn't happy with it he just did t like the butterfly lid, protech makes a good product. He ended up selling it and getting a weatherguard like mine. The only problem with mine I'm having is the gas shocks are going bad. I herculined the inside and cleaned it all up with totes and whatnot.

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Thats the same box I had. It was great no problems with it.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
1 800 highway products
tough as heck
i have two of them and they are extremely tough, not cheap

Highway Products Inc.

since i sold the super duty i attached it to the porch floor on blocks and use it as a dock box

jdenny21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1 800 highway products
tough as heck
i have two of them and they are extremely tough, not cheap

Highway Products Inc.

since i sold the super duty i attached it to the porch floor on blocks and use it as a dock box

Those look very nice, any idea what the gull wing boxes go for? May be way more than I want to spend.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Those look very nice, any idea what the gull wing boxes go for? May be way more than I want to spend.

you would have to call them.
they used to have just one point of sales through a third party vendor,
my big box was ........over 800
the small one was 600 something
they are tough and you need a sawzall to break into them

jdenny21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you would have to call them.
they used to have just one point of sales through a third party vendor,
my big box was ........over 800
the small one was 600 something
they are tough and you need a sawzall to break into them

I actually found prices on their website, think it was under "shop online" and yes, they are expensive, but look to be of very high quality. Not sure I want to drop that much on a box though, but very tempting...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I actually found prices on their website, think it was under "shop online" and yes, they are expensive, but look to be of very high quality. Not sure I want to drop that much on a box though, but very tempting...

last one you will ever buy :sweet
i put the companion one in my f150 bed
when i sold the dually

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58