Question about Chrome Stacks

wphares

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im about to install 5 in chrome stacks with turnout tips on my 05 SD. How do you stop water from getting into the exhaust? Rain guards only for straight cut tips. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
put buckets over them when parked.yoou could also drill a small hole in the elbow that goes under the bed for the water to drain out of.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:burnit :burnit :burnit I have talked to a couple of friends that have stacks that are turned out and they said that they don't have that big of a problem with the rain getting into the stacks as you would think. Granted you are still going to blow out black just not really the bad. I am getting ready to put on 5" angle cut stacks on my truck. I have seen at and exhaust shop they had some covers made for curved stacks and they looked pretty good. Good look. Looking forward to the pics.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
wphares said:
Im about to install 5 in chrome stacks with turnout tips on my 05 SD. How do you stop water from getting into the exhaust? Rain guards only for straight cut tips. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

welcome fellow alabamian. i am in albertville about 4 hours or so to the north.

post some pics when the job is done.

:thumbs

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have turnouts, and have no problems w/ water or snow getting into them. Dont worry bout it, Just drive it like ya stole it :sweet

-Stouff

wphares

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replys. i have ordered 7 in. stacks. i will post pics as soon as i get them installed

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wphares said:
thanks for the replys. i have ordered 7 in. stacks. i will post pics as soon as i get them installed

I thought real hard bout those... Definitely post up pics, and a video clip so we can check out the sound-popcorn

-Stouff

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
I have 5" mitres....I dont have any prob with water, I dont think you can get the clamps tight enough to hold water in them...I was concerned at first, but after a recent really good rain, I checked and it had all drained out (at least the way mine is set up)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg