question about new wheels

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently running 325/65r18's on my stock wheels with a 6' lift. They fit really well but rub on my radius arm at full turn. I am about to get new tires and want to go up to a 37, but I know I need new wheels so they dont rub the radius are like crazy. What backspacing will I need to get? Looks like most 18x9-10" wheels come in a 4.5-5.7" backspacing. Thanks

baddawg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am currently running 325/65r18's on my stock wheels with a 6' lift. They fit really well but rub on my radius arm at full turn. I am about to get new tires and want to go up to a 37, but I know I need new wheels so they dont rub the radius are like crazy. What backspacing will I need to get? Looks like most 18x9-10" wheels come in a 4.5-5.7" backspacing. Thanks

4.5".The less backspace you have the farther your tires will stick out and away from your radius arms.

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, funny that someone replies the day that my wheel & tire set are delivered, and I just got done putting them on.

Now for the next question. What torgue do yall use on your wheels. I think the manual says 150, but im thinking thats a little high.

ridesauce

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
nice ride NDsuperduty!! can you tell me what backspacing you went with? and does it rub? i am looking into getting some new rims this week and i dont want them to stick out too far. i have an 08 and will be puttting on a 4" lift with 35x12.5x18 tires.

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 08 may be a little different, but my wheels had a 4.53 backspacing and -12 offset. I believe the BSing is the only real important number though. Mine do not rub at all, but I also have a 6" lift and a full front bumper replacement which gives me more clearance in the front. I had 325/65 on the stock wheels before, and the only real difference is that I no longer rub on the radius arms and the tires stick out about 1.5" further(which I like)

ridesauce

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
that is what i want, for them to stick out about 1.5" on the 20's (w/bs of 4.5) they stuck out like 3 to 4" without tires. maybe there is a difference between the 18 and 20. well i am going to call 4wp and order them today. they have 30% off on the ones i want which is funny cuz you have them now. but mine will be chrome with the +18 i think.

ridesauce

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
NDsuperduty, I just ordered my rims and will have everthing in next week. the rims are xd monsters with a backspace 5.71 in. i will let you know and post pics.(still working on learning how to post pics) hoping these will not rub or stick out too far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14