Question about Programmers

strokin'

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just found this forum a couple days ago and I tried doing searches but came up with nothing. My question is what programmer or chip to get and/or opions and experiences others have had. I have a '01 w/ auto and currently have the SCMT 1705, but want to take that out for something you can change on the fly, such as the banks six gun although after seeing the dp tuner I've become interested in it as well. Primarily I'm not towing anything but ocassionally I'll tow a 20' trailer with no more than 6k lbs on it. I just burnt up my transmission last week and want to get a set of gauges as well, except how do you drill the header with out getting crap in the turbo?Thanks, and by the way great forum, I love these things.:thumbs

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I dont have one yet but there are several threads on this here. You can probably find just about everything you need but if not, ask again and someone will pipe up.

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
strokin'... i have a 1999 and i put the Edge Juice with Attitude on my truck. With Attitude it allows you to view your RPM,EGT, BOOST, and allows you to set a defueling setting. You can also shift on the fly with five different settings right from the Attitude monitor. I like it for my use of towing my 3200lb. camper. I am in WA. so just going almost anywhere involves some kind of mountain terrain. When you drill and tap the header just ad some grease to the drill and tap and that will help with the shavings. good luck

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the edge juice w/ attitude monitor is awsome i also tow a 20ft flatbed with about the same weight at times i love it and taping is easy dont sweet it never had any problems good luck

strokin'

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I had heard that a little grease helps out with the shavings, hopefully I'll remember that when I go to do it and not get over excited. I was considering the edge w/ attitude, but do they make an A-pillar that holds both the attitude and a couple normal gauges? Because I really want that trans gauge since I just was lucky enough to buy a new one.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am quite happy with my DI chip, most are starting to run to DP tuner. I have seen a over head mount for the edge controler that looked good. I really prefer a chip, but to each his own... If you go the chip route think about the overhead mount for your gauges, I love mine!

otterdiver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a six-gun from my Excursion that might be looking for a new home real soon...

strokin'

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CSIPSD I am really liking that overhead mount, but I noticed that your mirror isn't up, is there not enough room? Also has anyone heard anything bad about the DP chip, I'm thinkin thats what I'm going to get. TIA

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
strokin' said:
Also has anyone heard anything bad about the DP chip, I'm thinkin thats what I'm going to get. TIA

If you mean DP Tuners, they are some of the best in the business. You wont be sorry you went through them.:sweet

strokin'

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tuners is what I meant, thats good to hear, I plan on calling tommorow. I was thinking of mounting the selector switch in the overhead pod once I get it, anyone see any draw backs of doing so?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14