question for people with chips and there trucks

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK in the mornings if I have my chip at the 80 Jody econo mode its Clatters like a BEAST! so I turn it to default and it runs quiet.

Once its fully warm I switch to 80 econo mode and it runs great..

Is this common knowledge or am I missing something?

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the cold mornings it will be a little loud. i have a hi idle setting on my chip, i switch to that but there really is no difference in noise accept for the idle. its taxing on the motor on cold mornings. or it may be your tune. sorry thats all i got.

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
It will make a little more noise cold. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think on the econo burns, the timing is advanced a little. This would make it louder in the mornings. I to have a high idle burn on my chip. In that setting, it is the stock setting plus 1300 rpm. After I start my truck on a cold morning, I let it get oiled good and then switch it to high idle to warm up.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I believe it is from the higher IP setting. Mine will flat out romp in the high setting when it is cold out.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very surprised more people dont have this problem?

Or am I the lucky one as usual?

pleace69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same when the chip is on any high hp setting. when i start the truck i just run it on stock setting until it is good and warm then i can run any setting with no problems.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same when the chip is on any high hp setting. when i start the truck i just run it on stock setting until it is good and warm then i can run any setting with no problems.

Call Dennis he has fix for yours at ts performance.

pleace69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine is the new program, ive only had it about 8 months. So if theres no new programs what does he do to fix it.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt read all of the specifics and I cant link to THAT site I would call him if your having this issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58