question for the manual guys and autos i guess.......

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a f250 with the 5 speed and 3.55 gear and stock tires.now first off when at full throttle my scanner shows my tps voltage at 3.8 volts and .5v at idle.when im actually driving the truck if i floor it i am at full throttle at 2.3 volts which feels like the pedal is halfway down.from there down to the floor i get no more power or engine noise change or anything.now keep in mind my scanner reads the pedal voltage all the way to the floor and maxes at 3.8v.its just my truck seems to flatline powerwise at 2.3v.so im wondering if this is normal,do you other manual guys have a dead pedal up top? my max boost i can reach is about 19psi,thats at about 3k+ rpms in 3rd 4th and 5th gear.my pyro temps will reach 1200.the truck has alway felt doggy to me,ive always thought there should be more there.my icp duty cycle maxes at 36% and icp maxes at 2475 give or take a few psi.i reach these numbers at approx half way pedal travel and gain nothing more from half way to the floor.my boost isnt instant,it takes plenty of time to build up.its been driving me nuts and i need some input from other ppl who drive similar trucks.my only mods now are a turbo back free flow exhaust.no chip on it anymore.im also wondering if a stock truck should smoke at all,i can lug 5th gear down and stomp it and not get any smoke whatsoever.thanks to all in advance,i plan on getting a fuel psi gauge on it asap to see if its nose diving under a load but i havent yet.>>>>>>brian

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except for the TPS voltages, everything sounds fairly normal to me. You could always try the mod to the TPS to get just a tad more voltage out of it (sorry I don't have a link to the mod). Do check the fuel pressure to see if it's dropping off at WOT. Cheers!

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except for the TPS voltages, everything sounds fairly normal to me. You could always try the mod to the TPS to get just a tad more voltage out of it (sorry I don't have a link to the mod). Do check the fuel pressure to see if it's dropping off at WOT. Cheers!

so the pedal travel sounds normal? i looked up that mod last night and adjusted the tps to 4.09 v full throttle.problem is after about 2.4 volts there is no performance benefit pushing the pedal down any further.justdont make sense to me.:dunno

Mudlight

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where is the TPS mod located. My truck does the same crap, I want to buy a new gas pedal assembly. Already tried the Dorman, it worked for a little while.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the TPS mod located. My truck does the same crap, I want to buy a new gas pedal assembly. Already tried the Dorman, it worked for a little while.

the mod didnt help me. i have half a pedal so and doing that it gave me less of a pedal.:dunno i dont understand why its designed like this,full throttle at half pedal.it sucks..........

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

so the half a pedal deal sounds normal? was your truck lke that?jus dont see why it would be designed like that.:dunno

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The half pedal thing doesn't sound normal (I couldn'r explain why it might be that way), but all the numbers do. My truck really didn't have much on the top end either. The power seemed to flatten out fairly quickly. 3rd gear was probably the best overall. Cheers!

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well one thing i noticed is when the truck is cold,i can hit around 2550 icp and my duty cycle hits 37% after a couple of minutes of driving it goes back to 2450 icp max and 36% duty cyle max.also my accelerator pedal doesnt change though. any more input guys>>>>>brian:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58