Question on a quote I got?

gohandragon65

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The other day I was quoted 7900.00 to fix my truck. That is the injectors (maybe), upgraded EGR, headstuds, and they said they were going to do some work to the oil cooler putting a filter on it or adding one, im not sure i was a little confused on that part. I was wondering if that sounds like a decent price and if i should have some more/less done?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last one I did was around 6800.00 with out injectors. headstuds, EGR delete, cleaning and shaving the heads. I would still call around out side your area see what you find.

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
My first question would be what are the symptoms of your 6.0? was it blowing white smoke, blowing out the bottle, etc.? Normally, you have to change out all those parts after the EGR cooler clogs and takes out the oil cooler, then overheats - warps the heads and blows the head gaskets. Don't really know why they would need to change the injectors for that but it would be possible. If that is what is going on then you will pay allot.

When you replace the head gaskets you should replace the studs from OEM bolts. I would also recommend installing a EGR delete kit because not all (not even the upgraded one) work [I tried and then installed the delete kit] , replace the oil cooler (don't just let them "blow it out").

soon after you complete repairs (couple K) change out the oil filter again.

Of course you can do all these repairs your self if you have a good place to do it, the majority of your bill will be labor.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Replacing all eight injectors, new Sinister Diesel EGR cooler, new Ford oil cooler, head gaskets, head studs, injector harness, and all of the o-rings and seals cost me a shade over $6200, parts and labor. Depending on where you live, the labor charges can eat you alive. The tech that did my truck took three days to do the job and that included lifting the cab off the frame. He did good work though, as the truck runs like a champ again. He recommended removal of the EGR but since I live next to a county with emissions testing, I don't want to suddenly find out the government changes the rules and expands testing to my county. The choice is yours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58