Question on drivers

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
I've got a SQL driver problem, SQLSatConnectAttr to be specific and cannot get into my email. I'm by no means a computer mechanic but I did some searches on how to repair/replace this particular driver. The info that's out there is pretty much for people who understand the inner workings of computers and that ain't me.......it's all computer jargon. :confused:

Would the Pit Stop program help me fix this?? Pit Stop also recommended a program download called Driver Genius. I've been warned that these downloads can sometimes cause more harm than good so thought I'd pass it by here first before I download anything.

Thanks.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What email program are you using? Most email clients do not use SQL, so it should be unrelated to that.

Is that a part of the error you get when opening your email? What's the rest of the error say?

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
What email program are you using? Most email clients do not use SQL, so it should be unrelated to that.

Is that a part of the error you get when opening your email? What's the rest of the error say?

I'm using Earthlink. When I try to get into my computer I get 2 messages; 1) Database C:\DOCUME~1\PATFEN~1\APPLIC~1\HEARTHL~1\6.0\IDENTI~1\WNDANCER\MAILBOX\ElnkMail.MDB

2) Driver SQLSetConnectAttr failed.

This is a Dell PC XP I bought in late 06. I have tried to keep up with all updates including drivers. I've also ran several virus/malware checks and defragged but knowing the little I do know I don't think those things are part of the problem. I know that a 2 yr. old computer is already a dinosaur with what's out there now.

When checking on the Microsoft website I was told that they no longer have repairs for the SQL driver.........lot of forums on the drivers but way over my head as far as explanations for fixes.

dpantazis

Reaction score
Pat-

From what you have said, your support should not come from MS or Dell, it would have to be earthlink. It's their app.

why does email start when you boot up? is the app in your startup folder? take it out.

your 2yo computer is just find- don;t let anyone tell you its not. I am working on a 5yo pc with XP just fine- i am an engineer and it does my calcs and drawings just fine w/o errors.

the errors you give give the impression that the email program uses a database for the mailbox. the db file could be corrupt.

when was the last time you ran disk defrag? start menu->accs->sys tools ->disk defrag

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also may not be able to find the database listed. See if you can use Windows Explorer to browse to the path you have in the first error message.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Pat-

From what you have said, your support should not come from MS or Dell, it would have to be earthlink. It's their app.

why does email start when you boot up? is the app in your startup folder? take it out.

your 2yo computer is just find- don;t let anyone tell you its not. I am working on a 5yo pc with XP just fine- i am an engineer and it does my calcs and drawings just fine w/o errors.

the errors you give give the impression that the email program uses a database for the mailbox. the db file could be corrupt.

when was the last time you ran disk defrag? start menu->accs->sys tools ->disk defrag

Email doesn't start when I boot up--I have to click on it before it starts.

I just did a defrag 2 days ago.

I'm guessing the database for the mailbox has been corrupted. Message now says "data base unknown" file may be corrupt.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
It also may not be able to find the database listed. See if you can use Windows Explorer to browse to the path you have in the first error message.

After emailing/talking with Earthlink and getting absolutely nowhere I found someone who was computer literate unlike myself and he resolved my problems. Lots of computer GDG stuff he did but I'm back up now and everything is fine so far. Thanks Ben and DP for trying to help--much appreciated.

DP, nice looking chocolate lab in your avatar.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58