Question on Trucks

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I sold the 08 as fuel mileage + payment was killing me and I found a buyer willing to pay me fantastic money for the truck!

I'm looking at two options. The first is a 99 350 CCLB Dually 4x4 XLT truck with 126k for 11900. The second is a 2006 F250 CCSB King Ranch 4x4 for 23900...thoughts?

What am I going to see mileage wise with the 7.3? I know what the 6.0 will do.

Thanks,
Rusty

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I never calculated, as I was running free company fuel, but the onboard comp showed 20ish on the hwy, this was with a prog, intake, and turbo back exhaust.

Oh yeah, this was a 2003 7.3l cc lb 4x4.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I like the dually truck, but the interior of the KR is definitely tempting!

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me I would lean towards the King Ranch for 2 reasons. First, the KR being a 250 should have a slightly more comfortable ride than the 350 dually. Second, if you plan on keeping it for awhile the KR is a very nice interior. You wont have to worry about sitting in cloth seats forever-youll have nice leather ones! Also you didnt mention it but judging by the prices Im assuming that the KR has less miles on it:dunno. My opinion is different than anyone elses but when narrowing the selection down for used vehicles I usually lean towards the one with lower mileage(Again just my opinion). Good luck with your purchase Im sure youll enjoy either one!;tu

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own an 07 Duallie with 4.30's and leather interior I love it.

Having said that though I will admit that sometimes her ass is juuuuust a little too big.

I say go with the KR. Newer, and like you said the interior is great!

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information/opinions everyone. I'm leaning heavily toward the KR as well. It has 85k miles on it BTW. I talked to the guy with the one ton and he said he'd never seen over 13 mpg with it and it does have 4.10s. So, the KR is at the top of my list. Plus, it has all the options and that sweet leather!

My 6.0 truck did awesome mileage wise and pulled my trailer better than my 6.4 did, so the 6.0 is a good platform that I'm familiar with thus far.

Thanks again,
Rusty

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
No brainer, go with the 06 KR. The 99 should give you 16-18 mpg, not sure why the guy was only getting 13 with it but be that as it may, thats what its getting so dont expect to buy it and get 18+ with it.

The 06 should give you a solid 15-18 mpg and over all is a much nicer (creature comfort wise) truck than the 99.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I sold my 03 6.0L dually 2wd for my 08. The dually was pretty cumbersome to drive around in urban areas, and was ultimately the reason why I went with a SRW 4x4 and haven't looked back.

If you don't need the dually then don't get it. The decreased fuel economy due to the lower final drive gears and aerodynamics are a pretty big minus, especially when it was one of the reasons why you got rid of your 08. I got 13 MPG on average and I get just that in the 08 (only 700 miles so far).

What kind of fuel millage were you getting in your 08?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl