question

tattoo_skullhead

super duper senior member
Reaction score
i met chuck for coffee yesterday after work and on the way home....we decided to live up to connecticut powerstroke diesel club standards and had a drag race. of course it was in front of a school, invovled nearly being side swiped by another truck and of course alot of noise and black smoke (from chucks truck). I won.....not by much but i did win, this made me happy but skeptical. Chuck called me and confirmed that he had his foot to the floor. This is where i have a question. His truck has an airbox, its chipped, has an exhaust, and meth. injection. My truck only has a superchip power programmer (donated by chuck when he got his chip) and a exhaust. Why would my truck beat his? My excursion weighs 7222 lbs and according to the website that i found his weighs in at 6039 lbs. not sure if these weights are correct. i thought maybe my truck was lighter and thats why i beat him. but this is telling me my truck is heavier than his.

shortbed

tightlipped member
Reaction score
WAS HE HAULIN ANY EXTRA WEIGHT?? ****TY DIAPERS COULD WEIGH HIM DOWN,MAYBE THE CARSEAT?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
what are your axle gear ratios?

did you have an empty tank?

maybe the trannies did different things when you both slammed the hammer down......? perhaps yours downshifted and his locked the converter a little prematurely, causing you to go and him to lug?

PERHAPS A CTPSDCLUB DRAG DAY IS IN ORDER?!?!?

JBigPipes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im down for a drag day but im gonna use my secret weapon (the jeep)instead of the slow super duty i own

tattoo_skullhead

super duper senior member
Reaction score
what are your axle gear ratios?

did you have an empty tank?

maybe the trannies did different things when you both slammed the hammer down......? perhaps yours downshifted and his locked the converter a little prematurely, causing you to go and him to lug?

PERHAPS A CTPSDCLUB DRAG DAY IS IN ORDER?!?!?
truck has stock gears...plus im rolling on 37's shouldn't that have been in his favor? my truck had 1/4 tank of fuel....and my truck couldn't have downshifted seeing how we were at a dead stop when the green light came on:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14