Questions about electric fuel systems

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
I am going to do an electric system at some point but I don't really know anything about what filters are really needed. I really wanted to just use some baldwin (or whatever) heads and filters if possible. I found the Baldwin specs page on their fuel filters about contaminate capacities and GPH flows, etc. What kind of microns and capacities are needed? It would be nice to get the filters and heads part taken care of for like 75 bucks as opposed to somethine like $120 a piece dahls, not knocking those or anything just want it to not be a million bucks. Anyway any help would be nice. TIA

Oh btw I plan on using a Carter stock super duty pump. What kind of regulator is recommended?

Thanks again guys.

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
I am going to do an electric system at some point but I don't really know anything about what filters are really needed. I really wanted to just use some baldwin (or whatever) heads and filters if possible. I found the Baldwin specs page on their fuel filters about contaminate capacities and GPH flows, etc. Best is liek a 30 micron prepump and 2-5 micron final, I have a 10 micron on my truck and have had no problems, just make sure you get water seperators on them. What kind of microns and capacities are needed? It would be nice to get the filters and heads part taken care of for like 75 bucks as opposed to somethine like $120 a piece dahls, not knocking those or anything just want it to not be a million bucks. Anyway any help would be nice. TIA

Oh btw I plan on using a Carter stock super duty pump. Didnt know Carter was doin SD pumps, only nonBosch I have found is Airtex What kind of regulator is recommended?Areomotive 13109

Thanks again guys.

Hope that helps, bean

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
Thank you sir... wanna make sure I have the fuel to back those injectors :D . Now I just need to figure out what I want to do about intercooler plumbing and start kissing the money goodbye :sweet :cowboy: .

Oh boy... and to think this all started with a 92 IDI that I didn't know how ran til I went to sign the papers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58