Questions about Norfolk,VA area.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
:hmm Well Ill be moving once again, going back to aviation, railroading aint for me.Im looking at our base in Norfolk,Va instead of Philly..they have a newer hanger and lots a water around to play in.But I wanted to see everyones opinion on the area , wheres best to live {dont plan on buying and have ****e credit nowdays} is it easier to live close to work or better to commute,areas to avoid, and so on.Also any school info would be appreciated, my son is in K now and would be 1st grade ince in VA, and have a lil girl getting close to K.
And if anyone is interested in buying or renting a house 22 miles from North Platte,Ne let me know,lol.Its only a year old and big yard.
Thanks for any info.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
:hmm Well Ill be moving once again, going back to aviation, railroading aint for me.Im looking at our base in Norfolk,Va instead of Philly..they have a newer hanger and lots a water around to play in.But I wanted to see everyones opinion on the area , wheres best to live {dont plan on buying and have ****e credit nowdays} is it easier to live close to work or better to commute,areas to avoid, and so on.Also any school info would be appreciated, my son is in K now and would be 1st grade ince in VA, and have a lil girl getting close to K.
And if anyone is interested in buying or renting a house 22 miles from North Platte,Ne let me know,lol.Its only a year old and big yard.
Thanks for any info.

do some research on TAXES in va. and dumb laws....
norfolk has a very high Rape and murder rate,
i was lucky we only flew in to catch the boat,
run forest run
but its probably safer than philly

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno If you Positivly HAVE TO make a career change, and you positivly HAVE TO go to Norfolk Va... You should plan on commuting AT LEAST.. 25/30 miles (50 would be better)( 75..better yet).

A Very.. In yer face, uppity, un-friendy, un-easy feeling there.

Just an opinion from having been In and Through the Tidewater area MANY, many times.. But never lived there.

HORRIBLE Traffic.

Philly ? No Comment.

Last edited:

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i live about an hour and a half from norfolk however will be moving there tom to attend old dominion university. i dont know much about the area but can let you know some more after tom .. good luck

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Thanks.yea Im returning to a job i took a furlough from and we dont have bases anywhere else but MKE (milliwauke ?sp) and all the high timers are there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58