Questions on how to fresh'n up the paint

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The truck is now 8 years old and time is beginning to show. Am I better off figuring out how to fix clear coat scratches and deep scratches or take it to a shop and have them do it. Obviosly it will be cheaper to do it myself but I want the paint perfect. The only body experience I have is washing and waxing:dunno . I am planning on having a shop paint my new tailgate and maybe even a new cowl hood (need to find one I like and then convince the finance dept) so the truck will already be there. Any ideas or suggestions are appriciated.

Scott

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Some of the members have used the clay bar to help clean the impurities that can kill your paint.

I have never used it before myself, but CHPMustang has, and Scooter does detail/clean-up for a living.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I have a clay bar and I am planning on doing that soon but I don't think that will cover up any of the scratches in the paint. I have some that are just through the clear coat and a couple that are down through the primer.

Scott

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
My Uncle used a "diamond cut" compound that was clear coat safe and it took some very noticable scratches out.

This product is made by a local company called ShowCar Products in Grant, AL

They make a full line of automotive products. They sell to alot of the used car dealers in this area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58