Help Needed Questions???

thirsty060

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the diesel truck world, and have a few questions. The truck I bought is rigged out with a transfer tank. I like that, because I can fill up my equipment quickly and easily, but is it OK to also run that diesel in my truck? It's regular 'ol gas station pump diesel, but I worry about it sitting in the transfer tank too long. I have been adding Diesel Kleen with every fill up. Next question is, how the heck do I remove the middle jump seat on my 2015 250 XL? The problem is that I'm 6'8", and the plastic backing of the seat digs into my thigh, making long road trips very uncomfortable. Would like to remove it and build a custom center console to give me a bit more leg room.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com. If I understand your question right your asking if you can run Off Road Diesel in your truck, and yes you can if you want to pay the fines. In some states
the fines for off road starts at $10,000. As for remove the middle jump seat, it should have 4 bolts that hold it to the floor. I hope I am understanding your question right, if not
please let us know.
Doug

thirsty060

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No, No,No. Definitely NOT offroad diesel. Let me rephrase. If gas station pump diesel sits in the transfer tank for more than a month or so, will it start to gum up, coagulate?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would, as long as it's clean fuel and the tank is sealed good so no water can get in it, I think it would be fine.
Doug

Neura

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Beeing in canada and servicing trucks that are rig trucks the diesel is fine for 6 months in the slip tanks. No need to run additives that often on a 2015 they are made to run ultra low sulfers..... we usually throw a bottle of lucas or diesel kleen every 3rd fill on the slip tank. Just make sure you have a filter for the transfer pump to fill your truck. You didnt specify if the tank was aluminum or steel. Steel does rust eventually from diesel and collecting condensation. Also make sure you are changing the fuel filters at proper intervals if using the diesel from the slip tank.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
might want to use an algaecide if it's going to sit in a tank for six months..
Microbial growth is what causes gelling, not coagulation of the base stock.

Ziefer92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen some microbial algea growing fast for just 3 months, definitely use an algaecide to control them.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, especially if the transfer tank is not full -- humidity in the air space really seems to feed them. And filter...filter...don't forget the filter(s)

Question: why is the small bottle of algaecide 2x the price of a big bottle of diesel Kleen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58