Quick help with wiring

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The wires from the light to the switches are black. The door switch grounds the light when the door is open, thus completing the circuit. The other side if the light is HOT. The hot wire is black with a light blue stripe. Hope this helps.

Dave

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wires from the light to the switches are black. The door switch grounds the light when the door is open, thus completing the circuit. The other side if the light is HOT. The hot wire is black with a light blue stripe. Hope this helps.

Dave

Correct DB:thanks and I believe you can knock yhis out in an hour or so it is easy to find in your door seal. Good luck

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I am over simplifying this but why wouldn't you just pull the fixture down from the roof........cut the wire in question and splice in a mini toggle switch in at that point.

Drill the side of the light housing and mount the mini toggle switch in a convenient location.

Tbar

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I think so sine you would then have to install three switches, since he says the excusion has three light banks and that woulld just defete the perpose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14